Happy to discuss your own training needs
1) INTRODUCTORY GONG TECHNIQUES and ETHOS
Two sessions of one and a half hours, one to one with Kath, to learn and practice basic strokes and techniques of playing the gong. Access to a range of beautiful gongs. £180.
Please click here for more information
2) DEEPSONG SOUND APPRENTICESHIP – THREE MONTHS
Leading to the Deepsong Certificate in Healing Sounds, and membership of the Deepsong Sacred Sound Collective. Three places only. £550 – can be paid in instalments.
Three months study with individual personal mentoring and small group to learn and practice sound healing with access to many beautiful sound instruments with Sound Practitioner Kath Reade (B.Sc.(hons), M.A., P.G.C.E., Dip. Sound Consciousness, GongMaster Cert., Cert. Counselling Skills, Reiki Master Practitioner).
FLEXIBILITY: the course can be modified to your individual needs.
· Either February to April or September to November inclusive.
· Wednesday weekly lunchtime Gong Sound Bath - to assist and learn setting up, observe Gong Sound Bath, and practice playing instruments, after the gong bath, receiving mentoring with Kath. 12 till 3pm, dates as convenient.
· Individual Study Days with Kath at Dharma House, Kath's home in Burnley. Dates as convenient.
· Visits - to sound healing instrument providers where possible, advice re selection and purchase.
· Assessment sessions with Kath to be arranged to suit diaries.
· Students are expected to be self-motivated and also do their own research to bring to discussions and their work with the instruments.
· Free attendance to all Deepsong sound events.
DESIRED LEARNING OUTCOMES:-
· To become competent in playing a variety of sound healing instruments.
· To become proficient in designing and performing sound journeys to live events in opportunities provided.
· To gain an understanding of the theory and practice of sound healing.
· To be able to assist in joint events and then to conduct your own Gong Sound Bath, and other Sound Journeys using a wide variety of instruments, access to instruments provided.
· To display the required sensitivity / empathy towards others.
· To display a sound healing consciousness.
· To keep a journal of sound healing learning.
· A 2000-word assignment scanning research into sound healing, a subjective and objective look. Include references and bibliography.
· To observe and assist Kath in sound events, and agreed regular one to one learning and practice sessions.
· Access to use of Deepsong sound healing instruments.
· To learn and assist the setting up and taking down of equipment to create a sound event, and other assistance as and when.
· To jointly run sound events with Kath when ready to do so.
· To deputise when Kath is away when ready to do so.
· Planned sound sessions to be carried out 'flying solo' when ready to do so.
· Opportunities to help organise and run a sound retreat.
· To be included on Deepsong website as a Deepsong Student Sound Apprentice, graduating to full Associate. Then becoming a member of Deepsong Sacred Sound Collective.
· Monthly progress reviews.
· Three-monthly end of course review of practical and theoretical achievement through practical work, journal, and assignment being judged by tutor as satisfactory.
· Leading to award of Deepsong Certificate in Healing Sounds.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR FURTHER LEARNING:-
· A further period of learning with Kath to be able to carry out one to one sound healing sessions with individual clients.
· The apprenticeship can be a springboard to going on to further courses if desired.
Please click here to email Kath for more information
I am insured with Towergate Insurance for sound therapy work. You may wish to consider looking at coverage.